E-Option Plug-In Conditioners
Conditioning at the Multi-Tap
E-Option plug-ins lets service providers optimize signal performance in mainline multi-tap cascades that feature Antronix MGT, RPT and RRT series multi-taps*. Plug-ins installed into deployed multi-taps configure network signals to address deficiencies in downstream or upstream for optimum system performance and for peak service delivery to subscribers. They allow multi-taps to be treated individually without affecting downstream through loss.
Available plug-in designs include cable simulators, cable equalizers, return attenuators, and high tap filter; addressing challenges such as high/low passive return loss, negative/positive tilt compensation, and return path ingress and noise reduction. E-Option plug-ins are designed for performance in 750 MHz, 860 MHz, 1 GHz, and 1.2 GHz networks (CEG and CSG).
Types of E-Option Plug-Ins:
- Cable Equalizer (CE) plug-ins equalize the full bandwidth to compensate for excessive negative tilt usually occurring at the end of the transmission line.
- Available values: 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16
- CEG available values: 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22
- Cable Simulator (CS) plug-ins simulate a fixed amount of cable to overcome large positive tilts usually found immediately after amplifiers.
- Available values: 02, 03, 04, 06, 09, 12
- CSG available values: 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18, 21
- Return Path Attenuator (RA) plug-ins provide attenuation in low value taps so cable modems can run at high outputs, resulting in increased carrier to noise ratio.
- Available values: 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
- High Tap Value (HT) plug-ins provide attenuation from 54-1000 MHz and pass the return band (5-42 MHz) to overcome the large passive loss associate with high value taps.
- Available values: 03, 06, 09, 12, 15
*Compatible Antronix multi-taps include an E in the model number. Ex, MGT2204-SDPE/U.